Monday, October 19, 2009

Pieces of me

I pulled out one of my scrap books tonight. I think I started and finished it in 2001. I was 17 years old. I laugh now, but looking back on this piece of my teenage mind, I see myself struggling to define who I was, and what I liked, and what I didn't. I struggled with the defintion of maturity. Struggled with the definition btwn love and infatuation. I wrote a lot about desire, sex, angst, inner strength, and taking risks. I have a ton of pictures of my good friends in here, and drawings and doodlings that really don't look that much different than what I can draw now. (I wish I could draw. Chu.) Really, none of this was my own work. Its quotes and clippings and pieces of other people that I stole for myself and made my own. But it's still mine.

Funny thing is ... not much has changed!

Here are a few of my favourite excerpts from this treasure trove.

"My slender waist and thighs were exhausted and weak from a night of cloud dancing."
- Huang O (1498-1869)


I can still feel

Your hands on my back
your kisses on my neck
your warmth close to me

but that is not what I will remember

I will remember how

your smile makes me glow
your words inspire my passion
your passion inspires my soul

That is what you do to me,
and I'll always remember.

- Soul Jo :)

"People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only is there is a light from within."
- Elizabeth Kulber Ross

"Why are you afraid of love Sita?"
"Because it has hurt you?"
I nod weakly.
"It has hurt all of us. Sometimes it seems that is all love is good for."
- "The Last Vampire: Phantom"

And my personal favourites... my like and dislike lists: (it's only a piece of it but please laugh with me .. i think this is hilarious. )

I like:

-scary movies
- foreign cultures
- feeling sexy
- starbucks
- bagels
- tube tops
- cookies
- good smelling guys
- Vodka Ting
- coconut smelling stuff
- bathing
- my freedom
- damn crebes
- Fame FM
- heart to heart convos
- big hugs
- finishing a good book
- writing in my journal
- accomplishing something
- getting letters
- silk boxers (for myself to wear to bed, i might add)
- being loved
- making someone else feel special
- warmth - the sun, the sand, the beach.
- biting
- warm bed on a rainy day
- guys wid noice bodies (i swear to you - i wrote that out)
- being a complete ass with my friends who dont care.
- the smell of weed
- getting long distance phone calls
- white fudge chocolate covered pretzels. (nom)

I dislike:

- missing my friends
- feeling dirty
- annoying people
- slushy snow
- confusion
- traffic
- litter
- being jealous
- long distance relationships
- nagging
- wearing nuff clothes
- when guys wear nail polish
- being left out
- stink breath
- putting something away so good that I can't find it
- being smothered
- broken promises
- racism
- being told what to do
- hypocrites
- backstabbers
- smoking .... the smell and the taste


I think its really hilarious that the first few things on each list, esp the "like" list, were superficial, material things. "Bagels, tube tops, and cookies." I kill myself. My likes list now would be much different - I would hope it would be a bit deeper, with a bit more character, and a lot more experience talking. What interests me is that even though i wasn't sure what I liked, I knew exactly what and who I didn't like at the time. I still don't like a lot of those things. Funny the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment