Monday, September 28, 2009

Where does creativity come from?


crea·tivi·ty: noun

Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts. Creativity is fueled by the process of either conscious or unconscious insight. An alternative conception of creativeness is that it is simply the act of making something new.

To me - creativity not only comes from the mind, but from the heart. To me, creativity involves passion and the ability to think outside the box. I think this definition is interesting - b/c I never used to think I was that creative. I think its because i've always been creative with words - and only mediocore with paint and drawings. But the last sentence encapsulates my style. I just take something and make it new. I make it me. I take it and I fuck it and I make it Lauren Ching. (haha I think that's from a movie actually.)

Anyway. I think creativity is the shit. I have no idea why I can't be creative at the job I have right now. I think b/c I'm not 100% interested in it and therefore I have no passion for it.

I have got to change professions. Or find a job that pays me more so I can harness that passion ... and travel :P


No comments:

Post a Comment