Thursday, January 15, 2009

Toronto Symphony

Went to watch the Toronto Symphony last night ... it was amaaazing. They played Mozart - Piano Concierto 24 and Symphony 41 ... you can genuinely take my word for it b/c I actually didn't fall asleep! It comes in 3 movements, and Robert Levin played a beautiful rendition on the grand piano.. I almost cried at one point - it felt like the keys were jus stroking my emotions. But favourite part isn't watching the different instruments move in union .. it's watching the conductor passionatly flinging himself into the ebb and flow of the piece. Peter Oundijan was a pleasure to watch - he made me think of Fantasia when Mickey was summoning all the water and brooms ... hope that's not too blasphemous!

Here's a snippet of the Piano Concierto 24 ...



And take a listen to Symphony 41 ....



Next on my list .. opera! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment